1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

kodak easyshare V550

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by egrialuca, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. egrialuca

egrialuca Thread Starter

hi, does anyone have any experience on this camera? i plan to get it but i want to make sure its the right camera for me. also i heard some bad comments on its battery life, does anyone agree?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. ChuckE

ChuckE

4. slipe

slipe

Friends bought a V550 and there is a lot to like about the camera.

It has an optical viewfinder. I don’t like the trend of dropping the viewfinder. With an eyelevel viewfinder you can get a steadier hold in limited light, you can shoot better in bright sunlight and you can acquire and follow moving targets much better – especially when zoomed.
    It has an excellent LCD
    It has internal memory rather than come with a useless throw-away card. You still have to buy a decent sized SD card, but the internal memory is a good backup.
    You can put a large permanent photo album on the internal memory to view on the nice LCD.
    You can use the optical zoom while filming movies.
    It has MPEG4 so movies take only a quarter of the memory space.
    I guess most important – it takes good pictures.

The cradle and EasyShare software is perfect for them. They just put the camera in the cradle and push the download button. EasyShare makes a folder and names it with the current date, downloads the photos into the folder and will then delete the pictures from the camera if you set it to do that. If you have it set up for an online account it will also put your pictures online where you can share them or order prints.

The battery life isn’t the greatest by current standards, but my friends found a spare battery online really cheap. Seems to work about as well as the original. The nice thing about lithium batteries is that you can charge one and throw it someplace handy and it is still almost fully charged if you need it two months later. You can’t do that with NiMH batteries because of the self-discharge rate.

5. chuck911

chuck911

Before you buy that V550, you may want to checkout the Casio EX Z600. ($250) I got mine a couple of weeks ago and this thing is awesome. It's a 6 mp camera with a 2.7 inch lcd (very bright), the battery lasts forever. You can take approx. 500 pix on one charge. All kinds of great features - like antishake, Bestshot (has a sample of different pix taking situations) and sets the camera up for you. No guessing. Bottom line: It takes great pictures. Check it out!

Chuck

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485050

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice