1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Kodak ESP 3250 Printer Problem - Won't Detect

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by UncleRaj, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UncleRaj

UncleRaj Thread Starter

I'm running Windows XP SP3. I've just purchased a Kodak ESP 3250 printer, and I have installed all the software, but when it comes to the part where I have to connect the USB cable, I do, but it fails to detect any printer. When I connect the USB without the software, Windows detects it as a new device, and says it is installed and ready to use. It then shows up in Device Manager without the yellow exclamation point under the name, "Unknown Device". I've tried to "add new printer" and assign the unknown device the drivers but nothing works.

I was talking with Kodak support for over an hour and they just gave me the basic, re-install, re-connect script to no avail.

I should also point out that the installation CD it came with was faulty. This included the software version 4.2. Instead I went to the Kodak website and they only had the latest driver version of 5.1 which doesn't seem to detect my printer. Could this be the issue? I've tried to find a previous driver on the net (namely 4.2) but to no avail. Or is this maybe a problem with Windows or my Motherboard drivers? do I need to install something that will make the plug & play work? I'm not sure and I feel like I've tried everything.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. maceman

maceman

Hi UncleRaj,
    Can you try another computer or at least another USB?
    There is always a change that your printer isn't working as it should. It should still be under warranty.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    To add to whats already been recommended, try another USB cable.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919623

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice