1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

kodak z712 is and Quicktime player

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by samiamk, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. samiamk

samiamk Thread Starter

I bought this camara and just started taking video on it. I saved to a cd, but when i try to play it back (on QuickTime Player) it freezes and does not play the audio right. I downloaded the most recent version and that still does not work.

Can someone please help?

Also, can you tell me how to convert a .mov to an .avi?

Thanks!

2. nycmoonstar

nycmoonstar

I'd install a codec pack (look up on the net, there are a bunch). for converting, you need a video converter / editor (that converts video format).

3. samiamk

samiamk Thread Starter

Thanks for your help. Would you suggest I just google a video converter / editor (that converts video format). or do you have one that you could recommend. I tried to view the video on my laptop and the video plays, but the sound keeps cutting in and out. Do you think it's just the camera?

4. nycmoonstar

nycmoonstar

There are so many video editting programs out there. I guess AVS video editing tools, Pinnacle Studio, Adobe Premiere, etc are quite popular. With MOV files specifically, I personally find TMPGEnc 4.0 works well for .MOV to .mpg converstions. Make sure whichever you choose supports .MOV to .AVI conversions. and please know even if they say their program supports that type of conversions, you may find some glitches in outputted avi files. Some if not all of those programs give you trial periods, so I recommend that you take advantage of that to determine which one works the best for you.

I'd first transfer those video files in your camera to computer's hard drive even just for playing with Quick T but most definitely for coverting. I find that my computer has easier time playing videos that are saved on my computer than ones on an external device connected through a USB or Firewire. that sometimes makes a big difference especially for high quality video files. but where you have the video files usually affects the video playback, not so much the audio play back. I am not sure if it's a codec issue, but I think the first step is to see if playing them out of your hard drive makes a difference.

5. samiamk

samiamk Thread Starter

Thanks so much. I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753273

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice