1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Kompozer Background Image Help

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by txmoak, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. txmoak

txmoak Thread Starter

Hello, I am pretty new at this and need a little help. I have put together a website using KompoZer. Everything looks great beside my images and background images are not showing up on the additional pages of the site. I can see everything fine on my computer, but when you go to another one the images do not show up on the additional pages.

I have changed file name to all lower case and changed the location of the image file. But still does not work. I think it has something to do with the direction of the image but not sure and not sure how to change it if that is the problem. All my images on the home page work fine. I have searched and searched on Google for an answer with no luck

Thank you for any help

2. omuyelijah

omuyelijah

Hi,

First, what is the structure of ur site like? If u have hosted the site, provide a link to it too or provide attachments for analysis.

3. suenosrotos

suenosrotos

Hello,

I am having the same issues. I can not get my background to post. I have been searching online for the answer and now I am here asking for help. Please if you can Thank you

www.marinatours.com/home.html

I have a background that I am trying to use but it is not posting. I am using kompozer. I uploaded the files accordingly through filezilla.

4. suenosrotos

suenosrotos

Can you help me? I need your help please. I am having trouble with my website. I believe my stylesheet is not being read. I have a background that is suppose to work.

www.marinatours.com/home.html

Thank you for your kindness

5. omuyelijah

omuyelijah

Hi,

True the site looks white. I believe you had something like

HTML:
    background-image: url()
    in the external file linked like this

HTML:
    <link rel="Stylesheet" href="c/basic.css" type="text/css" />
    Its likely the page isn't seeing either the (external) css file or the image. You need to look @ the folder structure well and check to see dat the correct path to the image is entered from the css file.

6. suenosrotos

suenosrotos

Thank you for responding. :)

Would steps would you recommend for me to update this site via kompozer.

For example, I open the web page in Kompozer. Edit the code the save it as an HTML. Would I need to re-save all the images for it to update the site properly?

Also I am still having trouble. The background will not post. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks again

7. omuyelijah

omuyelijah

Well, am not used to using Kompozer. I use Adobe Dreamweaver. However, all u need to do is first check if the site works on ur (testing) system. Perform and confirm the checks I posted in the previous before uploading to d webserver.

8. suenosrotos

suenosrotos

Thanks for you advice. I am still stuck. Kompozer does not allow me to validate the HTML. I have reviewed both Background image and the stylesheet and they are correct. I cant figure out what could be wrong??? I am stuck for sure.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977334

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice