1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Konica Minolta Magicolor 5430DL Printer issues.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aphexjaymz00, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aphexjaymz00

aphexjaymz00 Thread Starter

I seem to be having issues with my Konica Minolta Magicolor 5430 DL printer. The printer has a built-in print server which I have attach to the network using a static IP Address.
    I have downloaded the updated drivers from the manufactures website and had installed it on my server (Which is running Windows 2003 Standard Edition). From the server I am able to print to the magicolor 5430DL just fine.
    After installing the printer on the server I shared the printer out so other user can use it on the network. At this point I have users connecting to the magicolor 5430DL via the server. However after users connect to the printer the only thing they are able to print is a Windows Printer Test Page. They are not able to print using any other application such as MS Word, IE, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Notepad, etc.

Not sure what to try from here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

James:confused:

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Have you actually installed the printer driver on each PC that accesses the printer over the network?

Usually necessary.

3. aphexjaymz00

Shouldn't drivers be installed onto the PC while the user connects to the printer shared on the server. I have other printers on this server and they are working just fine. Its only this Konica printer that is giving me issues.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Anything here in the way of printers requires the driver to be locally installed, it may be a printer specific issue.

Not going to be difficult to try?

5. aphexjaymz00

I've tried installing the printer locally on a PC. Still giving issues. I am only able to print a Windows Test Page and not able to printer from any other application.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595580

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice