1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Korean Hanmail config. for Outlook Express ?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by piccolo2, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. piccolo2

piccolo2 Thread Starter

I have a Korean Hanmail E-Mail Address. Does anyone of you know the Server Configuration from Hanmail for Outlook Express ? :confused:

(y) Thanks !!!

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Retired Moderator

Hi piccolo2

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Is Korean Hanmail also your ISP?

They should have a website that contains the server information you need.

If it is not your ISP, what is the webpage for Korean Hanmail?

Post the link here, and we will try to help you configure Outlook Express.

3. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

do you have XP? do you have east Asian language support installed?

the following maybe of interest to you.

http://newton.uor.edu/Departments&P...pt/Language/asianlanguageinstallation_XP.html

;)

for outlook email. you may want to substitute KOREAN for CHINESE in the instructions. I belive that the instructions should be the same.

http://newton.uor.edu/Departments&Programs/AsianStudiesDept/Language/chinese_email-summary.html

Food for thought. with the wife being Korean, I used the first link in installing the language support on my computer. the instructions are very straight forward and easy to use. good luck. (y)

4. piccolo2

piccolo2 Thread Starter

Hi Folks !

Thanks for your replies. I have already korean language support installed on my computer and I can send E-Mails in korean through Outlook Express with my Hotmail Address. So, no problem there.

What I need to know is the Server Information of the korean E-Mail Provider Hanmail, so that I can use my Hanmail Address with Outlook Express. For example I used to have a gmx-Address before and the Server Information was

pop.gmx.at (mail in)
    mail.gmx.at (mail out)

Do you understand what I'm looking for? I need those kind of information for Hanmail. Maybe someone of you speaks korean and can figure out how this works. Here is the Internet address of Hanmail:

www.daum.net or www.hanmail.net

Thanks a lot !!!

5. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

am not sure about what you want. am not familiar with it. maybe if you wrote an email to the site. they would better be able to help you. :)

6. piccolo2

piccolo2 Thread Starter

:rolleyes: well, I simply want to add my Hanmail E-Mail Address to my Outlook Express, and when I do that Outlook Express is asking me for the Server Information. If you have Outlook Express just try to add an E-Mail address, and then a window appears with two lines where you have to add the name of the server (for inbox and outbox). And I was hoping to find someone here who is korean who would know what I have to write in there in order to make it work - bec Hanmail doesn't reply ... :eek:

So I'm still hoping that someone here of you can give me a helpful input (y)

7. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

sorry.....i have never used outlook. so i would have no idea where to start. maybe someone else could pick up on this thread.

8. EAFiedler

Hi piccolo2

What you need for this site is a translator.

I'll look around and see if I can find one.

9. EAFiedler

10. sekirt

sekirt

piccolo2

If you read and write Korean, what is the reason you cannot read the hanmail information yourself?

When I click the Hanmail link, I get redirected to the daum website.

What is your ISP? Hanmail email may have to be sent through your ISP server. Some ISPs will not allow SMTP (mail out). You will have to check first with your ISP for settings and perhaps they can even advise you about Hanmail, depending where you are located.

As examples of mail coming in and going out through your ISP:
    POP3: pop.hanmail.net
    pop3.hanmail.net (mail in)

SMTP: smtp.netzero.net (mail out if ISP is netzero)
    smtp.hanmail.net

Doesn't your ISP have email you can use, rather than Hanmail?

Also in OE, you realize, you have to set up more than just POP3/smtp information?
    Tools->Accounts->Properties. There are 5 tabs with various items to fill in, including the server information.

Also, using Google to search, other sites come up, maybe you can click the translate page and find what you are looking for. What I typed into Google:
    POP3 hanmail "outlook express"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=POP3+hanmail+"outlook+express"

sekirt

11. Jin ga un

Jin ga un

how do you create a hanmail mail account?

12. PrincessJC

PrincessJC

Friends ! I do really needs help here ... I hope u guys can help me ...
    I've read the old forum that've been posted here but I still could not understand what should I do 1st ... The thing is now, I've been trying to send an email to my friends from Korea ([email protected]) by using my YAHOOmail, but failed to send. I dont know why but I know someone out there could explain to me about this ... I just need an explanations about what should I do ?????????? The 1st thing I should do is ??? Please teach me step by step slowly because Im not a computer freaks ... aHahh !!! Should I use Outlook Express ? I never use that b4. Someone !!! Pleaseeeeeeee ;(

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322368

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice