1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

KrAzY QuE§TiON BoUT MaH CoMp!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JeKeLeR, Jan 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeKeLeR

JeKeLeR Thread Starter

ALrIght ......... i just wanted to know...... if it is possible for me to take a proccesor out of another comp ......... and replace the one i normally use with the one i took out of another comp...... get what im saying?

like take it out of the slot ..... then replace it with another..... will that mess anything up? and will it work good? ....... and another thing it IS possible to link another HD up to my comp while still keeping my old one right?

im not computer illiterate i just wanna know my precations before i go into doin this

2. RandyG

RandyG

Welcome to TSG!

As long as the Processors have the same connections, there will be no problem, physically, popping them onto a different motherboard, but you should check the Motherboard BIOS and specs to see what the max processor it supports.

As to adding another HDD to your system, that will be no problem, as long as you set the jumpers on the HDD to make the one you want to be your primary as Master, and the secondary one as Slave. The onlly limitations are going to be what your Motherboard BIOS says is the max HDD size it recognises, and if you want to have more than 4 IDE devices on your system.

Make sure your system is off, and unplugged before adding any hardware. Also make sure you ground yourself by wearing an electrostatic wristband, or by touching the central bar in the case at all times. This will prevent you from conducting electrical impulses to your system, and possibly damaging the components.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65829

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice