KVM switch with 2 computers and 2 monitors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lchaffee

Hello,
I have a 4 port kvm switch. Both monitors work with one computer but the second computer can't detect the second monitor. What do I do?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20201104220106.000000-240
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8500T CPU @ 2.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 6
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 236 GB (145 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 03KWTV, ver A00, s/n /FVND1S2/CNFCW008A700CR/
System: Dell Inc., ver DELL - 1072009, s/n FVND1S2
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Johnny b

John
Just to review.
You have 2 computers and two monitors and use a KVM switch.

KVM switches are generally used to allow multiple computers to share one monitor, one mouse and one keyboard as a matter of convenience and space saving.
That's how I use mine.

I'm curious, why do you need the KVM?

I have 3 computers + 3 monitors + KVM. All 3 connected to kvm via vga. Two are also connected to 2 monitors via hdmi. Third is viewed via the vga. When the "2" are switched 'on' (KVM), whichever one is switched, that is on the vga monitor also, but so what? I'm using one of the other two mons viewing on their respective screen. I turn off the vga mon anyways, then.

Make sense??

Johnny b

John
Not really.

What's the point of having multiple monitors hooked up through a KVM?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online