Solved KYBRD does not work in Safe Mode - Win7 64bit

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bsacco

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 32717 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7570, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 447 GB (177 GB Free); E: 1862 GB (825 GB Free); F: 931 GB (189 GB Free); M: 1863 GB (520 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0KWVT8
Antivirus: Malwarebytes, Enabled and Updated

When I go into safe mode my keyboard does not work. My mouse works fine but my kybrd is dead.

I tried uninstalling it, tried to update the driver, still nothing works.

Any ideas?

plodr

Liz
First thing I'd do is try a different keyboard.

On a Dell desktop computer, one keyboard I had hooked up would not let me into the BIOS. (I didn't try safe mode; perhaps it didn't work until Windows loaded). I attached a different keyboard and I could get into the BIOS.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
On the log in screen look to the lower left corner if on the standard screen
You will see the Ease of Access icon
To access the on-screen keyboard from the Windows login screen, look for the Ease of Access icon. It looks like a dotted circle with arrows pointing down and to the right.
click on that and a window will open click to check
Type without the keyboard (On screen keyboard)

then click apply and ok
after a couple of seconds the on screen keyboard will then appear
Use that as you would your normal keyboard

THIS IS ONLY A TEMPORARY measure to get you into safe mode.

As my colleague says it maybe another keyboard would work
Often with the wireless keyboards they will not work in safe mode as only a minimum set of drivers are installed in safe mode
EVEN IF your keyboard is NOT wireless then some of the high tech gaming keyboards require drivers which are not loaded in safe mode

The other aspect to try is if it is connected USB connect to main usb port on motherboard - not a front port

I suspect you have problems and that is why you need to access SAFE MODE - if so we need to know what the problems are please

You do not say how your keyboard is connected or indeed the type of keyboard - if you need further help we need to know this and the full model of the dell please

bsacco

yes, but I thought they were separate issues. I will close this thread and consolidate

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
That is best, as otherwise dckeks who is helping on the other topic will not of course know about the keyboard problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online