1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

labels & clipart with Word 2002

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by gagabell, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gagabell

gagabell Thread Starter

I would like to know how to get clipart on my return address labels. I have tried everything and can't get the clipart to stay put. After I have the picture positioned to the left on the label I click to the right and the curser is at the bottom. If I try to type a line of address where the curser is located and hit enter the clipart moves up too and I can't get the curser up further. I have Word 2002.

2. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

I'll confess I have the same problem with Word 2000. In fact, I make my labels and anything else with inserted graphics in Publisher because it's so much easier!!!

3. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Ok....here it is.
    Ya ready?
    Get your pencils. (heehee)

1. Create a blank label/business card/whatever document by choosing your label type, and then hitting the NEW DOCUMENT button.

2. Select each column of labels, one at a time. Hit Table-Split cells and make it 2 columns, hit OK. Do this once for each column. Now all labels are split. (If you want you logo at the top, you'll do the same thing, but you'll split the rows and not the columns.)

3. Click in the cell you want your graphic to be in and paste it or use Insert-Picture....

4. Select the picture and right-click, Format picture, Layout tab. Choose In Line With Text.

5. Center the picture as if it were text. If you want it centered vertically, you have to format the cell that way using Table-Properties...

7. Fill in the rest of your label or business card. When that one card is perfect, copy and paste into the others. You may want to go to Tools-Options, Save tab and tell it not to use features above Word 97 'cause that's when the tables start pasting inside tables and what a mess.

Hope this helps. If you still have problems, email the file & graphics.

4. gagabell

gagabell Thread Starter

Thanks Dreamboat for your instructions!! I just made a page of labels with clipart. There were some things that didn't go quite according to instructions, but I was able to get it to work just by folling steps 1, 2, & 3. I didn't have to do step 4 or 5 because when I clicked on the clipart I wanted it automatically sized itself and positioned itself in the right place. I just copied and pasted it into the other labels. The key was splitting the cells. I have made these same labels with my Hallmark program and it super simple compared to Word 2002. I just felt I needed to learn how to do it in Word. Thank you very much for your help. Now I'm going to tackle Mail Merge. You'll probably hear from me again!

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113298

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice