1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Labels in Word

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by KHolloman, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KHolloman

KHolloman Thread Starter

I know there has to be a way to do this... I have a list of products from my work which I have converted from unix to a Microsoft Word Document. The list shows up fine on word...but I need to take the list and make them into 1 x 3.5' labels.

If I try mail merge, it keeps asking me for headers and records...or says cannot find data source.

All I need is to make my list turn into labels.

Thanks.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Put the list in a table with headers?

3. KHolloman

KHolloman Thread Starter

well see the thing is...I am having to print these out on 3.5 x 15/16 cl labels.

Will that work? My only other option is to physically type in 5740 products manually.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

If you are trying to use the automated mail-merge or labelling function from a list of data, the data file must be a Word table or an Excel spresdsheet or similar.

It will not work just from a text list in Word as the input file. Look at Word help perhaps, but it is straightforward.

5. KHolloman

KHolloman Thread Starter

Ok well I converted my list to an Excel Spreadsheet from Unix...from there I opened up Word and did a mail merge. It shows Word set up in labels with each block saying "Next Record"
    Problem is, when it merges them..it creates two rows of labels...but only lists the products down one label leaving the rest blank?

6. KHolloman

KHolloman Thread Starter

This is what I am getting....I need the products to be in these labels :

«M_0354556» «Next Record» «M_0354556»
    «Next Record» «M_0354556» «Next Record» «M_0354556»

7. onedavester

onedavester

8. KHolloman

KHolloman Thread Starter

Good info, but didnt work...see my list is existing and I am trying to get them into labels...maybe it's just me.

If I attach a few of the labels here, could someone give it a shot and see if its something I am doing wrong?

Attached Files:

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328308

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice