Labtec Webcam

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ace_Mak

Hey,

About 2 years ago now, I got my Labtec Webcam. Heres some of its specs:
Specifications:
CMOS sensor
Manual focus lens
Image size: 352x288
Frame rate: up to 30 fps

Anyway, I've always wondered about the quality of the camera. Now I know that it has a small image size but that doesn't really matter. But my concern is that fact that the camera just shows a bad quality image. I was expecting it to be a bit more clear but this is ridiculous. There's scanlines that constantly being shown on the image even after it has taken a picture. Even adjusting the settings of the camera is a pain in order to see the correct colours on display.

I'm not using any software except the one in Windows XP that just allows you to take pictures. Is this camera suppose to be like this? The driver I am using are actually the ones provided by Windows, Logitech Quickcam Express. The driver that came with the webcam pretty much messed up my registry which caused my TCP/IP to crash and no able to connect to the internet.

Ace_Mak

Ok, well after two months, and over 200 views, I looked back at this post. There is not one reply. Then it hit me, maybe the people want an example picture. Ho ho ho, I'm an idiot. So here it is.

http://img400.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture0030ja.jpg

Anyway, as you can see, it's a picture of a calender. First, my wall should be white. Second, there shouldn't be any lines running horizontally, so that's my webcam. Lastly, the picture is just ridiciously unclear. Any ideas? Or is this just purely the crappiness of my Labtec webcam.

You should not expext too much from a low resolution webcam, but the problems you see are almoste certainly caused by not using the right drivers.

I have a Webcam here that just will not run under Windows XP, was yours specifically rated as XP compatable?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online