1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

LaCie External Burner not working

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by jaedmc, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaedmc

jaedmc Thread Starter

Okay, so I've been using this LaCie external burner. I maybe burnt like ten DVDs out of it. Then one day I popped in a DVD and it gave me a message about Region. I found this peculiar because the disc was one I got from Netflix, and was NTSC...But the message had an okay button so I pressed okay. After that my burner stopped doing anything. The green light stays on like it's accessing something but it's not reading anything. I tried ejecting it and it wouldn't eject the disc. After a while I just used the tried and true paper clip method and opened it up. Took the disc out, closed it... Nothing. The green light remains. So I uninstalled the drivers. Rolled it back. All that good stuff. Nothing. As a matter of fact, it comes up as a CD-Rom when I plug it in now. And Dev. Manager says it's working properly. I don't want this thing to be dead, because we just got it from my wife's mum. We've hardly used it and it would be lame squared for it to be dead and no warranty. So does any one have an idea. I hope I provided enough information.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!