1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lag and mouse problems after reinstall

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by DerSpieli, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DerSpieli

DerSpieli Thread Starter

Hello,

gosh, i'm really desperate, as i'm usually the guy that gets called for any tech problems, but here i'm really running out of ideas and it's pretty tilting me...maybe someone here has a good idea what's going wrong with my system or what I am missing:

A few days ago i had to do a re-installation of my system (first virus infection in years, thanks javascript/flash). Fresh installation from CD, no program files used from contaminated system. Hardware was not changed.

Since then I have the two major and a minor problem with my system:
    -) graphic performance is lower than before
    -) can't change sensitivity of my mouse
    -) windows media player keeps playing after closing it by 'x'ing

Regarding graphic problems:
    I'm using the latest drivers and I am using the same config as before (for example in MW2). I also think that i applied every performance trick i used in my old system (fixing swap file, setting energy options to highest performance), but the games still lag pretty much to the point that i don't even want to play mw2 anymore :p

Mouse:
    I'm using the Logitech MX518 and SetPoint. I can't change the sensitivity with the two buttons on the mouse anymore, neither in games nor in windows itself...i tried every possible combination of SetPoint/OS implementation and reinstalling drivers...i feel pretty stupid for not being able to activate this feature :(

windows media player:
    That seems to be related to the drivers of my keyboard and I have no problem with this one, but just wanted to include it to help diagnosis :)

I also tried deinstalling every driver to see if this makes any difference but wasn't able to remove the lag/mouse problems. There's also no task that's clogging my cpu.

My System:
    Windows Vista 64bit Home
    GigaByte EP45-DS3
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
    ATI Radeon HD4600
    4 GB Ram
    G15 Keyboard
    MX518 Mouse

Halp please? :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921039

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice