1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lag/freeze whilst using Chrome

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by MP123, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MP123

MP123 Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm pretty sure this problem just occurs when I am streaming something on YouTube or using Chrome quite heavily but e.g. if I am listening to a song on YouTube my computer will glitch and freeze which makes a pretty loud noise due to it repeating a millisecond or so of the clip quite fast. Not too sure if it's a flash conflict or whether it's to do with RAM but it doesn't just affect Chrome but also occurs when Chrome is in the background and I'm using another application.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!
    M

2. fraganegra

fraganegra

I had similar issues and I reinstalled chrome which resolved it for me.
    Of course this may be a case where the symptom is the same but the cause is different

3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

You might need to disable some extensions in order to isolate the culprit.

4. MP123

MP123 Thread Starter

Disabled a few plugins, going to see if it reacts in the same way at all.

5. MP123

MP123 Thread Starter

I'm pretty sure it's a problem caused only when viewing videos online on YouTube. Could anybody recommend something to check?

6. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

7. Phlum

Phlum

You might try YouTube Feather - it removes most other content from a video page, bar the video itself, the description and comments (I think).
    Try it: http://www.youtube.com/feather_beta
    Note that it's in beta, and also works with YouTube HTML5. Having both might work better in your favour. HTML5 player doesn't work on videos with ads, by the way.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!