Lag in Steam

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kramer55

I finally got back into playing Couter Strike (1.6, not Source) and Day Of Defeat.

I have been experiencing some terrible lag, sometimes into 300 and higher, but I am on cable (2.0 mbps).

2.8 ghz w/ HT
512 ram
128mb ATI X300 catalyst 4.12
145 gb HD

I have Mcaffe virus scan which searches for spyware and "unwanted programs", so i am not sure if spyware is a threat

This is also the only online game that lags

Return to Castle Wolf.. ET doesnt lag

whats the problem?

Thanks

it happens to me 2 when u click servers it takes awhile to show up or doesnt show up

Steam is horrible. Go to www.steampowered.com and post this in the forums, i know there are a few console commands that can reduce ping. You wouldnt happen to be behind a router would you? Occasionally they can cause problems with internet related stuff.

Kramer55

yea, im on a router

the problem seems to mainly be w/ DoD, but lag occurs in both

my ping wil be between 30-70, then it will blast to 150isht, then 300

i never laaged in Call Of Duty either

Try disabling the security setting to see if the problem persists, or look in the security settings menu, there should be a list of allowed content to come through the firewall. Then check the server location, try to get one that's closest to you. I've played on servers in Turkey and other countries which can be laggy.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online