Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lag on laptop needed for teaching

750 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  DR.M 
#1 ·
I will add tech spec once I am able to download the sys utility onto my computer - about which I am posting. I am using my phone while I wait out the most recent batch of lag.

LAG is the problem. It is not a recent problem but has gone well beyond patience threshold today. Added to that I am a teacher and I currently have to use my laptop fir online classes. I have been kicked off my classes twice last week and had some intermittent lag problems last Friday.

I am currently waiting as the computer has stalled while I was trying to UNINSTALL the only non-regular app that I updated last week - which still isn’t working right do why bother having it on there.

I am working from a refurbished HP laptop (17-bs0xx) with 7th gen intel core i3... @2.40 GHz? 8GB RAM (7.87 usable), touch support, touch pad, touch screen, x64 processor, wireless mouse, ...?

#3 ·
How much space do you have available on your HDD or SSD.
I don't know.

Here is what I have found:

Storage: 205 GB used of 1.8 TB

Device name LAPTOP-PPS1VDOD
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.87 GB usable)
Device ID 0DD14E80-1069-44E0-BCE8-C1C5611ECA38
Product ID 00325-80142-91570-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Touch support with 10 touch points

I use a LogiTech wireless mouse.

#4 ·
How much space do you have available on your HDD or SSD.
I don't know.

Here is what I have found:

Storage: 205 GB used of 1.8 TB

Device name LAPTOP-PPS1VDOD
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.87 GB usable)
Device ID -----------------------------------------------------------------
Product ID 00325-80142-91570-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Touch support with 10 touch points

I use a LogiTech wireless mouse.

#5 ·
I can't find the sys files that I originally mentioned... where can I find those?

#6 ·
You are fine with your HDD space. Maybe might be your internet connection speed. Are you using wireless or connected by cable to your computer. Are there more people using your internet at your house besides you.
Not sure if you may be multi tasking at the same time too.

#7 ·
The situation varies. At home I am using a locked wireless router that only I have access to - unless someone has guessed the code... unlikely.

At work, I am usually wirelessly/USB connected to my iPhone personal hotspot - limited 5G/mo and after that is used it drops to 4G.

Does that help?

I am ALWAYS multitasking.

#8 ·
To clarify - the lag is not always when I am online and I am not using the computer any different than I have been for the past several months... there is just a lag more prevalent (but not constant) now.

I trash my temp files every few days.

#9 ·
What is the serial number of your laptop.
I don't know if your computer has a HDD or SSD. I am not sure what programs you have installed or what Antivirus program you have. Have you installed all updates to your computer.
Try connecting your computer with an ethernet cable to see if that may help a little.

#10 ·
Hi, LadyDragon.

You may want to consider to check the computer for malware. I don't say that this is the case here, but it's not something that we can exclude. Even if no malware present, at the Malware Removal Forum we use diagnostic tools which can give some light to your problem. As texasbullet said above, there is missing info here. Let me know if you would like me to check your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.