Lagg.......

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Puremagic

Ok I go on World of Warcraft and I get some serious lagg in battlegrounds,cities and random places.
I have a belkin router downstairs connected to the main NTL modem (internet provider) and I have a USB belkin wireless signal thing, all the time I get great signal and top speed which is 54.0Mbps which is the best you can get for this belkin.
But I just seem to lag and my specs for my computer are amazing for gaming but my latency is awful in the game and get disconnected randomly.

Any help?

not sure if you will still read this BUT.. go here

www.speakeasy.net bottom right hand corner run internet test speed.... something like that... your not getting 54.0mgbs.. that really your strength.... This will tell you what kind of internet you REALLY have.... and what are your specs for your computer.. Just amazing doesn't really help...... and check the game out to make sure that you can run it smoothly and to see if you should upgrade .....(just in case)

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

Puremagic

Ok about 3 days ago I ordered a 10MG broadband so it could improve my internet speed, my mate has excatly the same Belkin router and same signal USB stick but his computer is four years old, 8MG broadband and myne is 10MG broadbrand and 5 months old lol?. And thats what gets me annoyed -_-

But the specs mainly for my computer is:

AMD Sempron(tm) Processor
3400+
1.99GHz, 448 MB of RAM

I think it's because of the low RAM but I'm not really sure, the website you sent me was a American one and I'm from the UK so it wouldn't work for me sorry.

well your processor isnt the greatest iether.. sorry to asy.. its not an ultimate gameing machine as u have said above... Yes you will need more ram and yes a better processor and what kind of video card do you have.. you most likly would have to upgrade it but.. you probably only have a pci slot so your upgrades are limited..... so ram is your only chance to help out a little But you most likely will still lagg..

Lucky you can the game

I have to agree , you need to upgrade the processor and the RAM not so good , I most also say have you check the belkin rougter to see if it gets hot if so that could be a issue

well to upgrade proccessor most lilly need a whole new system... new cpu,new mobo, new ram,. new psu, new card....

Why? Semprons 3400s - unless your system is a socket 754 (and you find out?) - if its socket 939, replace it with a $100 CPU. 512mb is $50USD.

Also, make sure no extra programs are running that could be slowing you down (IM, browsers) and run Adaware and Spybot 1.4 on your system to make sure its clean.

You can get an AMD Athlon 4000+ (939) for just £60 with delivery, if you get this and combine it with a single stick of 1GB ram, you're machine will be defaintely able to handle any load that World of Warcraft chucks at you. I could almost handle the Auction House place with an AMD Athlon 3000+, 1GB Corsair RAM and GeForce 6800GT.

If you don't want to splash out £100, then just get yourself some more RAM, at least a gigabyte and you're system will definately be able to run World of Warcraft without lag, that's if your internet is consistant and your graphics card is decent.

Puremagic

Well Im going to get a 1GB RAM this week, but my video card is a ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 SERIES, is that good?

ummmm after googling it im thinking no its not the greates i need to know what socket you have, agp, pci, pci-e

It is a PCIe Chipset... and most likely a socket 939... but that chipset does both 754 and 939 CPUs.

Puremagic go to here: http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Download it (top left corner) and it'll tell ya your CPU type, memory type, etc.

And 200series = onboard video, better than intel - but bottom of the barrel graphics still.

if you get budget $150 or so, get a 7600GT or 7900gs

Puremagic

Ok I went to the computer shop today and Im getting one stick of 512MB which will make
1GB RAM and Im getting this 251MB outboard graphics card. And Im not having no more belkin anymore more, Im getting a NTL modem with 100Mbps speed so no more ****** belkin router...

Now is that good? -_-

Person said it will run smooth, no problem atall

By the way the guy aswell said the ATI RADEON was taking up my RAM space, so it was really 512MB not 448MB, so he got me a graphics card which will not share memory with the RAM.

And what did CPUz report for your socket? Keep in mind while a Sempron is fine for basic usage... not so with many current games.

What graphics card? Check before you buy...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!