1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lagging and Other Problems

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Student098, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Student098

Student098 Thread Starter

Hi.

I don't know if it's the right thread to post this.

I've got a Lenovo G575, I had it for a while now. About a month and a half ago, I downloaded Skype, and as soon time went on, my laptop (internet, to be more accurate) was becoming more and more slower, but later I found out that Skype was the problem, so I turned it off entirely; when I did, it was much, much faster, and this happened about a week and a half ago (I thought I might as well mention this). But now, new issues come along.

3 or 4 days ago, it started to lag quite a bit. 2 days ago, I cleaned out the cliche and defragged it, and it didn't help. When I did a scan on my computer today, it stated that I had downloaded an anti-virus program, but I already had an anti-virus program active for several months, and I don't remember downloading anything like an anti-virus program, well, I did download a cleaner for some reason. I deleted some files and some apps (like Skype), but that didn't work. I don't know what's going on, if anyone could help, it would be very much appreciated.

Oh, on a unrelated note, my clock has been acting funny, like missing 2 to 3 hours every few days.

2. wilson44512

wilson44512

To get better help. post your specs. and what kind of internet you have and the speed you should have.

3. Student098

Student098 Thread Starter

Sorry, I don't know a lot about the internet I'm using, since I'm a college student and I'm using the on campus router.

Also, I don't know what kind of specs you want, but I'll post anything that you need to know.

Edit: I found a way to get the information from the campus router, but I would like to know what you're looking for would help.

4. wilson44512

wilson44512

You need to talk to who is in charge of the internet at your school. And tell them your problem. They might be able to help you. It might be password protected. If it is they should give you the password.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Right-click COMPUTER, then click Properties.

Advise what's listed in:

Windows Edition

System

That'll provide us with the complete Windows version, the processor type and speed, and the amount of RAM.

--------------------------------------------------------

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030833

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice