Lagging in Counter-Strike Source

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BadNewsBears

I just bought a new laptop(Toshiba Satellite M45 S331) and new games (Half-Life 2 and Counter strike Source) The laptop has a Intel Centrino Pentium M 1.6 giga-hertz processor and a "Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator w/10MB-128MB shared video memory"
Anyway I've downloaded the latest drivers and put all of the video settings for the game on low and it still lags very noticeably. I have a cable connection too. My guess is that some setting I'm missing is keeping it lagged up but it has me and my friends stumped, thanks for any help/feedback.

Is it lag or more of your computer freezing?

I have 2.8 Ghz w/ HT, 512 MB RAM, 128 MB ATI X300 and CS: Source still manages to lock up for a split second at times, whereas HL2 doesn't at all.

One thing I suggest to do is type cl_smooth 0 in the console; that seems to have taken away any freezing.

What is your in-game ping? This problem is most likely caused from your slower computer (especially the shared video card) and not internet.

try playing the game by just creating and lockin your own server... maybe throw 4 bots in and see what happens... if you still get the jumpyness, then maybe its the computer... but if everything flows fine untill you jump online... it maybe a modem/conection problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online