Lagging while having good internet

sammyj93

hi all im not really sure how this all works but i have a decent download speed of around 40mbs and no packet loss but still have very bad lag i need help thanks in advance

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Just because your computer has a decent speed internet connection, that does not mean your computer is going to run decently.
Decent performance with a computer depends on what hardware it has and how well it is maintained.

Please do the following in your computer:
Download and save the tsginfo.exe file.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your computer will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

-------------------------------------------------

sammyj93

sorry i should have said this is on a new xbox series x so it is new only had it a few months any advice would be greatly appreciated

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Thanks for clarifying that.

I'm not a gamer and know nothing about Xbox consoles, so I'll leave you to someone else here who does.

--------------------------------------------------

Tanis

Shane
What do you get lag on?

Internet latency (lag) is affected by many factors and your effective speed is only part of that. Where are the servers you are using, have you run any speed tests?

How are you connecting to the router (wired / WiFi)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts