Laggy Gameplay For Wireless Connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

imfromhoiland

Hello All,

I searched the forums for a topic on laggy connection to games. When I play online games, every minute to a couple of minutes my game lags or freezes for a couple of seconds. The topic that I read regarding this seemed to apply to me, but I'm not sure how to do it.

The topic stated that the person was using the Windows Utility to connect to his wireless router, and this is what was causing the lag. He then switched to his Edimax Wireless Utility, and that seemed to solve the problem.

This is where my problem lies. I have the Edimax EW-7128G PCI Wireless Card. This came with an Edimax Wireless Utility, as well as a RALink Wireless Utility. The Edimax Wireless Utility doesn't have an option to connect to a wireless router, it just shows the strength of the available wireless routers. The RALink Wireless Utility has an option to connect to wireless routers, however no wireless routers show up on this utility so I can't connect to the router we use.

My hope is that you can help me figure out how to connect so that I'm not using the windows wireless utility and can play my games lag free.

Some additional info: I don't have direct access to the router, as I live in an apartment building that shares internet. Also, my tech experience is very low, so keep in mind that I'm a beginner!

All help is appreciated. Thank you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online