LAN Based Application

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KevzJD

Can somebody explain to me what a LAN Based Application is? I've tried to google it but cannot find nothing. I would imagine its an application that only operates within a LAN, so i.e an office, so it wont be able to communicate to another office?

Thanks

It is an application that runs only on a LAN (Local Area Network) without internet access.

The LAN could be small, 3 - 4 clients; or large with over 500 clients in multiple buildings.
I have worked in both situations and used propriatary applications that ran on the LAN, but were not designed to be accessed from the internet.

Video Conferencing, Remote Access Control, Gaming Servers, all started as LAN applications.

This is the best info I could find and it isn't much.
http://www.ehow.com/info_12023655_lan-based.html

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts