1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

LAN Card help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mtbird, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mtbird

mtbird Thread Starter

Hi Everyone !
    I'm hoping someone can give me some help with this problem.
    Built a new system.....Win ME, Shuttle AK31a mobo, 256 mb DDR,
    AMD 1.33 cpu, with a PCI Realtek 10/100 Lan card.

I can't seem to get a connection to my network. The card installed ok. Updated drivers. No conflicts in IRQ's. All of my network settings are correct. I changed PCI slots, thinking this might be the problem, but no help !

Could this just be a bad card even though it shows up fine ? Is there a setting in the BIOS that I might have overlooked ? Any suggestions would sure be appreciated.

Thanks........MTBIRD

2. littlemar

littlemar

can you ping the card (127.0.0.1)

3. mtbird

mtbird Thread Starter

Yes, I ran a ping with no problems.

MTBIRD

4. judyv

judyv

In checking for the other computers through either opening a window or explorer, did you refresh the view?

You've wiggled your cable connectors?

You've swapped cables with a computer that sees the network just fine?

Made sure the settings are exact down to caps and spaces, and not just looks okay?

Are you typing in the TCP/IP address or using DHCP? If you're typing, then double-check that you're not using another machine's addy.

I'll assume you're using a hub. Have you switched the cable over to a port on the hub that works while another computer's using it?

Swapped a working card in to see if it works on that computer?

Cheers & Write Back,
    JudyV
    (More fun than the Hokey Pokey) :cool:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66053

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice