1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lan connection problems with Linksys router...

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Erthmeld, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erthmeld

Erthmeld Thread Starter

Ok this is probly a simple and stupid problem, but I'll ask anyways. Running Win2K on 2 computers connected via a Linksys router, into my RR cable modem, I can't get a network connection between the computers but I TCP/IP is working fine. I did have to change the LAN MAC address to get TCP/IP working because the router wouldn't or couldn't find it. I need some help running through the settings to get the Lan connection working now for file/printer sharing between the machines.

Thanx,
    Gene Crumpler

2. saikee

saikee

Gene Crumpler,

Although I do run Win 2k in office I am not allowed to alter it. At home I have been messing around 4 PCs running XP in the last month, networking them by a wireless ADSL modem/router.

So far I have let XP to set up the network for me so that all the computers have the same workgroup name.

The personal firewall software, like the Macfee Firewall, can block the network connection between computers.

If the router can assign IP address to your computers then just concentrate on the networking setup bit of WIN2k, by checking that they all have the similar properties.

Hope the above helps

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/238069

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice