1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

LAN Connection Trouble

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Earthlsthope, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Earthlsthope

Earthlsthope Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have recently had DSL set up for my Laptop. I had to set up an LAN connection to my external DSL modem. I set it up the Local Area Connection according to instructions and when it connects to the modem, I get the message "Limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources. This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer" and only allows me to get a 100mbps connection. I clicked on the repair button and It tells me that it failed to renew the IP address and I should contact the person in charge of the network, myself. But I don't know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Barry :confused:

2. doggard

doggard

Which make and model of modem are you using?
    Have you rechecked the modem DCHP settings for your network so that it allows internet traffic as well as local intranet traffic?

3. Earthlsthope

Earthlsthope Thread Starter

My modem is a Teledat 431. I dont know how to check the DCHP though.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270138

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice