1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

lan internet speed question

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Rhettman5.1, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1 Thread Starter

I have two home PC's networked together, mine is a 700MHZ Compaq, and the wifes is a 500MHZ E-Machine, we use Win-Route lite to connect to each other and I use a us Robotics external modem through my serial port on the Compaq.

I have 256 megs of ram, the wife has 64, we both start at about 86% resources free...the question... the E-Macine loads pages apr 2 seconds faster than the Compaq !.. It's not a big deal, but I was wondering why the networked computer would load pages faster...any one have any ideas :confused: ...Rhett

2. MacDknife

MacDknife

Hi!
    I may be way off here, but I presume that the Win-route is only on the computer that is connected to the Internet. That means that the CPU there has a bit more to do that just download.

Just a thought...
    : )
    MacDknife

3. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1 Thread Starter

Winroute is on the host PC only, and they are connected through a crossover wire to the networking cards. Your idea is probably correct, I just thought the speed of the Compaq would be enough to offset any difference.

Thanks for the responce :)...Rhett

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115051

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice