lan internet speed question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rhettman5.1

I have two home PC's networked together, mine is a 700MHZ Compaq, and the wifes is a 500MHZ E-Machine, we use Win-Route lite to connect to each other and I use a us Robotics external modem through my serial port on the Compaq.

I have 256 megs of ram, the wife has 64, we both start at about 86% resources free...the question... the E-Macine loads pages apr 2 seconds faster than the Compaq !.. It's not a big deal, but I was wondering why the networked computer would load pages faster...any one have any ideas :confused: ...Rhett

Hi!
I may be way off here, but I presume that the Win-route is only on the computer that is connected to the Internet. That means that the CPU there has a bit more to do that just download.

Just a thought...
: )
MacDknife

Rhettman5.1

Winroute is on the host PC only, and they are connected through a crossover wire to the networking cards. Your idea is probably correct, I just thought the speed of the Compaq would be enough to offset any difference.

Thanks for the responce :)...Rhett

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online