Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Walker18

I recently built a new gaming computer and the Internet on it took my regular speed and basically butchered it. I then figured out that what I was missing was the newest LAN driver. After I installed that driver, everything was great for weeks. Then one day, I try to get on it to do my regular things and it was doing almost the exact same thing it was doing before I installed the driver. I checked for a new driver and there is none. I ran a full virus scan with Windows Defender that came out to nothing. I've checked for any 3rd party programs that could be causing the problem and I'm pretty sure there are none. I have installed new drivers for other components that didn't fix the problem. Also, what I have had the Ethernet plugged into the whole time, a NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender (Model: WN3000RP), I have updated it's firmware and that gave no effect. (Don't say that the extender is the issue, it's worked completely fine and it works fine with other devices.) I've tried so many things that has done nothing and I'm starting to lose hope. Any help is appreciated. (My Internet download speed is 1 MB/s which I know is bad already but it gets by, my computer takes that down to less than 20 KB/s at all times. Obviously that comes with awful ping too.) I can't figure out this issue. I'm desperate for help at this point.

TonyB25

Banned
You get the same speed with a wired connection directly to the modem?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Can you provide the hardware specs of that gaming computer and which Windows version it's running?

Can you advise which Internet Service Provider(ISP) and internet speed plan you have?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Walker18

Can you provide the hardware specs of that gaming computer and which Windows version it's running?

Can you advise which Internet Service Provider(ISP) and internet speed plan you have?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I have an Intel Core i5-4460, a nVidia GeForce GTX 1060, Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3, an ASRock H97M Pro4, and a Western Digital Blue 1TB HDD. Case is a Thermaltake Versa N21. OS is Windows 10 Home 64bit. ISP is Frontier and where we live we can't get their normal plan so we are stuck with 1MB/s download and around 0.5MB/s upload (I know it's bad but it gets by, we are moving soon so it will get much better hopefully.)

Walker18

You get the same speed with a wired connection directly to the modem?
I haven't ever tried directly to the modem because it's really far away in our house. But the extender had worked fine before this happened. It works well with other devices too.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I have an Intel Core i5-4460, a nVidia GeForce GTX 1060, Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3, an ASRock H97M Pro4, and a Western Digital Blue 1TB HDD. Case is a Thermaltake Versa N21. OS is Windows 10 Home 64bit.
ASRock H97M Pro4 motherboard (has Intel I218-V gigabit ethernet)
Intel Core i5-4460 3.20 GHz quad core processor
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics
8 GB DDR3 RAM
Western Digital Blue 1 TB hard drive
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Since that's a gaming rig, I would've had an Intel processor with more "horsepower" and a Western Digital "Black" 1 TB hard drive.
Hopefully, you have a quality power supply with sufficient wattage and 12-volt rail output.
ISP is Frontier and where we live we can't get their normal plan so we are stuck with 1MB/s download and around 0.5MB/s upload (I know it's bad but it gets by, we are moving soon so it will get much better hopefully.)
Those aren't bad speeds. Those are horrible speeds!
I thought the slowest internet speed plan that Frontier has is 50 Mbps upload/50 Mbps download, but I may be wrong.

------------------------------------------------------

Can you hook a another computer to your extender and see if is doing the same? Where did you get the drivers? Asrock or Windows update? Do you have ver:20.2 lan driver?

Walker18

Can you hook a another computer to your extender and see if is doing the same? Where did you get the drivers? Asrock or Windows update? Do you have ver:20.2 lan driver?
Got the drivers from ASRock. I have version 20.2 installed and the problem persists, it just happened one day. I'm going to try the link that Frank just replied tomorrow, hopefully that works! Also I have my PS4 wired to the extender and it works pitch-perfect.

Walker18

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online