LAN logon

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nomad

I have a peer to peer network through a linsys router. One computer has XP pro and one has XP home. I would like for both of them to connect to each other without having to enter a password. The XP pro can connect to the XP home with no password but the XP home can not connect to the XP pro unless the user enters a password... then no problem. I have Mcafee antivurs on both. I have shut down the windows firewall and the Mcafee firewall on both computers. Still no luck. I have give everyone full permisson on the XP pro machine, still the XP home machine can not access it. I have made the user of the XP home machine an Adminstrator and deleted the password... still no luck. Does anybody have any Ideas on how to correct this.?

siged frusterated

Its possible that your guest account has a password. Have you put one on to your knowledge?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online