1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lan & netsharing

Discussion in 'Networking' started by amitava, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. amitava

amitava Thread Starter

Hello! everybody
    recently I have found a littlebit problem.Storry is releted to my setup,Ihava internet brodband connection which I want to share with my brother.So as per of requrement I brot hub(Intex 8 port) & 25 meter cat5 cable through I can share the net.configuretion of my own machine is (p-3,microtek 810e MB,20GB HDD.......) and brothers are( AMD3200+,Asush939A8VM,80GB HDD......). VSNL is my ISP who provide ADSL modem()Smartx 882). www.calcuttatelephones.com is our ISP's official site, whare I have found how to configure my modem for multiuser. as per of instruction when I connect my my modem to my hub the lan indicator of my modem is invisiable, but when I connect it to my machine directly through lan card The lan indicator is available& it works fine.2
    2nd, when I connect the AMD machine to hub the lan indicator of hub show off- on, off -on state nearabout 2 minutes & the local aria connection of that machine shows ( connected-dissconnected-connected-disconnected) state, during that periord. To over come this situation what o do?

2. amitava

amitava Thread Starter

Hello! could u plz! help me

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

I would like to help, but suspect English is a bit problematic here...is the hub you refer to a router? I don't understand why a modem would be set for "multiuser" either or what that means.
    Two ways to do this really and one would requite a second ethernet card in machine connected to modem and then cat5 cable to second pc...or router with wire to other pc, or wireless to other pc having wireless adapter to receive wireless router signal.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You can't share the connection with a hub. You need a router.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543970

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice