LAN through wireless router???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

invain

I finally got a wireless router after I realized I didn't have a crossover cable before. I got the router all setup and both my desktop and laptop are successfully on the internet.

Now I'm having problems trying to play games over a LAN. When playing one game, I can see the server on the network being hosted by the desktop, but I can't join with the laptop. Trying another game, I cannot see the server hosted by the desktop at all.

I can ping each computer from the other, but besides setting the router up, is there anything else I need to change so I can play games through a LAN on both computers?

There shouldn't be anything on the local router blocking traffic, but it may help to know the make and model of your router. Also, make sure you don't have any software firewalls running on your machines because that will block traffic.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I closed all the duplicate threads, please stick to one thread. You can ask a moderator to change a title if it is necessary, just use the red triangle to report the post.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online