LAN traffic meter??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mykl_c

I'm looking for some software to run on a win2Kpro machine which is serving ICS to a mix of Win2k, 98SE and XP machines. The traffic reported by our supplier is remarkable, usually several hundred MB per day (this is a church, they don't do that much surfing). Far too much of it is upload. The ICS box has no P2P software, adware, spyware or trojans on it.

I need to be able to check the traffic outbound and get an idea of the IP it is originating from.

Maybe a packet sniffer?

mykl_c

Thanks hewee! Um, Is the state fair pic the way you usually dress? ;->

Your welcome

No dress like everyone else and like others I don't bags of money. :D

mykl_c

Thanks Johnwill - dling now, will report back in a coupla days about ease of use, comprehensiveness etc. (have been speaking with ISP - this office has generated 1gb traffic in less than 24 hours!).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online