Votes: 4 18.2%
  • don't care

• do care, but don't know

41 - 60 of 394 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
Well, you got a good point there. :up:

I guess I made an assumption. They don't test golfers, do they?
Nope. golfers are held responsible for their actions. For that matter, the PGA doesn't even publish fines or suspensions.......it's up to the individual golfer to decide if it gets air time.

Coming from a sport where a participant will call a penalty on himself if the ball moves while addressing it, I'd say this is rather unique in sports.

Nope. golfers are held responsible for their actions. For that matter, the PGA doesn't even publish fines or suspensions.......it's up to the individual golfer to decide if it gets air time.

Coming from a sport where a participant will call a penalty on himself if the ball moves while addressing it, I'd say this is rather unique in sports.
I dunno..

Ya think someone like John Daly might have used/abused something other than the well published ones?

just ask'n..

Discussion starter · #43 ·
Oh totally.....he was also suspended for 4-6 months, depending on who you ask......he was also told by the then commish to clean up or ship out after his, what, 16 or so on the Blue Monster........

It would not surprise me in the least to see Tiger get busted for some crap like that. It would totally surprise me if someone like, say, Watson (either of them) did........

and just to toss my nickel's worth in, I like the way golf self-regulates currently. There isn't a problem (total scores in the majors are roughly the same despite unholy advantages in equipment) that is readily apparent, and the bottom line you still have to get the ball in the hole. Not rocket science, but an awful lot of preparation for an event in which the ball is on the club for a millisecond, and after that it's all physics.

I agree

As a side note, as a golfer in the past. I have always benn big and strong and could hit a golf ball a mile... no steriods here :) ... , One of my best friends and golfing pals was half my size and weight and could consistently hit the ball further and straighter than me. It's all in the timing to get the whole body involved at the time of contact... but valis I'm sure you know that. ;)

Discussion starter · #45 ·
ayuh. When I ran my golf shop, had a lady who used to be a touring pro, all of maybe 62" and 100 lbs. Me, 6'6", 210 nowadays. but I'm nice, and let her tee off from the women's tees.

Once.

After her drive cleared mine and was obviously still rising, needed to bump her back to the tips.

I agree

As a side note, as a golfer in the past. I have always benn big and strong and could hit a golf ball a mile... no steriods here :) ... , One of my best friends and golfing pals was half my size and weight and could consistently hit the ball further and straighter than me. It's all in the timing to get the whole body involved at the time of contact... but valis I'm sure you know that. ;)
ayuh. When I ran my golf shop, had a lady who used to be a touring pro, all of maybe 62" and 100 lbs. Me, 6'6", 210 nowadays. but I'm nice, and let her tee off from the women's tees.

Once.

After her drive cleared mine and was obviously still rising, needed to bump her back to the tips.
You guys are making me miss golf. :(

I wish I had a quick par 3 course around here. Just can't spend a Saturday at the golf course anymore. Maybe my son will get into it soon so I can justify it.

Discussion starter · #47 ·
don't you have pitch and putts up there? we got a few down here, but they are generally reserved for goat-hill courses.

I'm still learning the area, honestly. I do have a pretty nice driving range close by...may take the boy out and see if I can get him interested.

He needs to learn a little patience anyway.:D

Discussion starter · #49 ·
wrong sport for patience.......:)

Discussion starter · #52 ·
especially if you golf with me. I'll show you parts of a golf course that humankind was never meant to see. :)

especially if you golf with me. I'll show you parts of a golf course that humankind was never meant to see. :)
:)

And I did say earlier I could hit the ball a mile, but never said which direction... I have taken my shoes and socks off more than once to retrieve the ball and the occasional club. :eek: :)...

sorry, still no steriods, just "man fury"... :D

Discussion starter · #54 ·
totally yup. I'm tall and a southpaw, so I wind up and Daly that thing out there........now, to be certain, I do not attend to 'compass' golf, but rather 'military' golf.

left.
left.
left.
right.
left.
par.

:)

Discussion starter · #55 ·
and before anyone makes any cracks about that being a par 6, the best club in my bag is the eraser..........

thought you were a southpaw...

favorite player to watch these days is Phil Mickelson... I'm a righty but there is just something about a truely sweet lefty swing.

favorite right swing to watch... Fred Couples...with out a doubt.
now back to your regular programing... probably not... this is more fun...

Discussion starter · #57 ·
don't forget; Mickelson is right handed. Bubba ain't, but Mike Weir is also righty playing lefty. When parents came in with first-time kids, I'd ask if I could train them off-hand. More natural that way.

Didn't we already discuss this?

Discussion starter · #58 ·
oh, and add Els to that 'favorite swing' part.......:)

don't forget; Mickelson is right handed. Bubba ain't, but Mike Weir is also righty playing lefty. When parents came in with first-time kids, I'd ask if I could train them off-hand. More natural that way.
Funny you should bring that up... I still play in an old farts slow pitch softball league Sunday mornings ... 25 years now :) ... I bat just as much from the left as I do right...

41 - 60 of 394 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.