Votes: 4 18.2%
  • he did, but he beat the system

• don't care

• do care, but don't know

81 - 100 of 394 Posts
as long as the ball goes in the hole, doesn't matter how far it goes.......phrase is drive for show, putt for dough.......;)
cute..

already done. Tiger got the lasic surgery done after he'd been pro for only a few years.
i was thinking on the order of semi-robotic eyeballs.. beyond mere lasic. should curb the ol' imagination, no? ;)

pretty sure he's an isolated case. I would assume that most of the acid-heads out there would end up as the footnote; like the dude who crashed webb simpson's award ceremony and utterly befuddled Master Costas.
something else to look up now.. why oh why when i'm behind schedule!! :p

been trying not to, but have to ask this.. the avatar -- red meat? no penny bets riding on this one :D

No carts on the courses the pros play on, but... some of the mountain- goat courses I've played on as well as the "tournaments for the benefit of" there were always carts and plenty of coolers full of "refreshments" :D
of course, it's golf after all! ;)

once heard these arguments about whether golf was a skill or a sport. yup, the group was dividing up everything. darts --> skill. race care driving --> skill. football (u.s's & euro's), baseball, wrestling ---> sport. by far the loudest clamour was over whether golf was a skill or a sport. i lean skill..

now.. is anyone going to let me count mini-golf as golf?! :p :D

Discussion starter · #82 ·
if you count golf and auto racing as a skill, I'd expect you to lump both types of football and about anything else athletic you have to do.......

let me know when you go hit a bucket of balls how frustrated you get........those guys on television make it look ludicrously easier than it actually is.......;)

if you count golf and auto racing as a skill, I'd expect you to lump both types of football and about anything else athletic you have to do.......
what is the difference between a sport & a skill, when all sports involve skill?

it seems as if the sports involve more physical exertion, making that the delineating factor ?

let me know when you go hit a bucket of balls how frustrated you get........those guys on television make it look ludicrously easier than it actually is.......;)
i believe you!! i was dragged to (not sure what you call it, practice range?) an area once where you just hit balls down to a specific area. i could barely hit anything.. what i could hit didn't go anywhere near those holes.. but i figured that's because it was me out there..
is it that difficult for most people too?

i could come close to beating you at mini-golf though!! :D
(just kidding, i know real golfers do not touch mini golf!)

Discussion starter · #84 ·
it most definitely is that difficult for others to do. Stats from the muni courses nationwide pretty much maintain that less than 10% of golfers out there can break 100 legally...(100 being a score, legally meaning play it as it lies). But........it's a game you can play forever. :)

it most definitely is that difficult for others to do. Stats from the muni courses nationwide pretty much maintain that less than 10% of golfers out there can break 100 legally...(100 being a score, legally meaning play it as it lies).
well, that puts it in perspective!

& thanks for explaining what breaking 100 meant too!

But........it's a game you can play forever. :)
this part is going to defy explanation perhaps.. @ least for all those frustrated, angry golfers that are always threatening to throw their clubs in the pond & leave them there, or break them (now that doesn't look easy for anyone to do ;)!)..

Another sportsman wants to be better than the rest:rolleyes:

Sport is very overestimated in my eyes

Not even mentioning i was the 1500 mrts walk champion in my school :D
i made sure i was high on Kitkats that day :p

Another sportsman wants to be better than the rest:rolleyes:
competition is kind of an odd thing, given that there will most always be someone better & someone worse than you (at some point in time) in whatever you're trying to do!

Not even mentioning i was the 1500 mrts walk champion in my school :D
:up: !

i made sure i was high on Kitkats that day :p
oooh, chocolate :D!

do the sports drinks have that flavour?!

Obviously a golf hater...
Not a golf hater. I'm indifferent. To hate something would require me to think about it and since I wouldn't waste my time thinking about golf I'm, as said, indifferent.

You make me feel as though I'm odd to enjoy riding either of my two motorcycles and playing golf, as well as a whole host of other hobbies. :rolleyes:
I don't make you feel anything. If that is what you are feeling (odd) I respectfully suggest you are the cause.

Not a golf hater. I'm indifferent. To hate something would require me to think about it and since I wouldn't waste my time thinking about golf I'm, as said, indifferent.

I don't make you feel anything. If that is what you are feeling (odd) I respectfully suggest you are the cause.
Not going to get into semantics, or a war of words with a lawyer... I know better...;)

Not going to get into semantics, or a war of words with a lawyer... I know better...;)
Truthfully, I wasn't attempting to be a smartypants. My original post just pointed out that finding golf less then enjoyable doesn't make one a "golf hater". There are other activities, sports and/or hobbies that can be as enjoyable to one person as a golfer finds golf. (Not that we are limited to one activity.)

Truthfully, I wasn't attempting to be a smartypants. My original post just pointed out that finding golf less then enjoyable doesn't make one a "golf hater". There are other activities, sports and/or hobbies that can be as enjoyable to one person as a golfer finds golf. (Not that we are limited to one activity.)
:up: :)

Obviously a golf hater...

You make me feel as though I'm odd to enjoy riding either of my two motorcycles and playing golf, as well as a whole host of other hobbies. :rolleyes:

What he said. Just because I have differing interests doesn't mean I hate things I don't indulge in. I love to watch curling and Formula 1. That is the extent of my sports involvement. But then again I do hate UFC. And don't feel odd about motorcycles. I, too, spent many a year upon several. But then again, I am no benchmark for oddness.

Discussion starter · #94 ·
*cough*

curling?

yer Canadian is showing, Jimbo.........:D

Discussion starter · #98 ·
hahahahahahah...........:)

with all the rain we've gotten so far, that will kill an afternoon.........then it's time to bust out the paint.

Sooohhhhh........................

does Armstrong golf?

And if he does, is he taking something for it? (pun intended):D

Sooohhhhh........................

does Armstrong golf?

And if he does, is he taking something for it? (pun intended):D
I think a fellow biker saw him once injecting steroids into his balls - golf balls, that is! :eek:

:D

81 - 100 of 394 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.