1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lance Haynie-Win32 services error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lbh1864, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lbh1864

lbh1864 Thread Starter

Hello,

Can anyone help me please? I have an IBM pc running windows XP Pro. I have AVG, 9.0 and it is up to date. I am also running Malwarebytes Anti-maleware and also Glary Utilities. They are all up to date and I have run them. I also am using Stopzilla.

I keep getting a pop up Microsoft Development Environment Win32 services error, Microsoft Jscript run time error.

I went to program files to visual C and located the file and removed it a few days ago. I have rebooted the pc a few times, and have run the above mentioned programs at least 10 times and the darn thing pops up about every hour or two.

Can someone assist me to get rid of this once and for all? I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

LBH1864

2. valis

valis Moderator

try this:

go to start > run > eventvwr.msc. That will open an explorer like window with applications, security, and system in the left pane. Click on system and see if there are any exclamation points near to when it last froze; if so, double click on the item in the right pane, click on the two pieces of paper to copy it to your clipboard, and then come back here and paste the results. Then do the same for the applications folder; look for any exclamation marks that are near in time to when your pc is freezing.

this way we will be able to see what the error is, and then we can figure out how to tank it.

thanks,

v

3. lbh1864

lbh1864 Thread Starter

Vilas,

Well, I did what you have said and I cannot get the files to copy to paste into the window here for you to review. I do know pc's pretty well, but I have tried what you have asked and cannot get the info copied over for you.
    But, there are many exclaimation points and errors. it says exactly like this, WIN32 services Microsoft Development Environment (design) Microsoft Jscript run time error_PS_ga_Key undifined was not handled

Any other suggestions? I would greatly appreciate any help or guidance you can provide. I did remove the visual C++ file from program files
    LBH1864

4. lbh1864

lbh1864 Thread Starter

also, it does not freeze up the pc at all

5. lbh1864

lbh1864 Thread Starter

var winW = 0, winH = 0;
    if (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) > 3) {
    if (navigator.appName == "Netscape") {
    winW = window.innerWidth;
    winH = window.innerHeight;
    }
    if (navigator.appName.indexOf("Microsoft") != -1) {
    winW = document.body.offsetWidth;
    winH = document.body.offsetHeight;
    }
    }
    if (document.images)
    {
    rnd = Math.floor (Math.random () * 100000 + 1);
    img1 = new Image();
    img1.src = "pix" + "el.g" + "if" + "?" + rnd + "&w=" + winW + "&h=" + winH;
    }

6. valis

valis Moderator

try this to copy the contents to your clipboard. Once there, you just paste them in the reply box here.

double click on the item in the right pane, click on the two pieces of paper to copy it to your clipboard, and then come back here and paste the results.

7. lbh1864

lbh1864 Thread Starter

Vilas,

Hello. It will not let me copy and paste. I have no idea why. Well, maybe one. I am accessing the pc remotely now. But I cannot get rid of this pop up any more. Previously, it would ge away for 4 hours. Now, the page I copied to you keeps popping up. Do you want to remote into the pc to have a look?
    Please advise!!!! I am going to kill this pc soon!!!!:)

8. valis

valis Moderator

is there a check box for 'always display this message'? If so, untick it and see what happens.

9. lbh1864

lbh1864 Thread Starter

no, I have been trying to copy the event log for you but it still wont let me do it. Maybe because I am remoted into the pc?

10. lbh1864

lbh1864 Thread Starter

do you want to remote in to the pc?

11. lbh1864

lbh1864 Thread Starter

nope, no box to untick

12. lbh1864

lbh1864 Thread Starter

I think that I found it. I found this in program files and copied this for you to see

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: SideBySide
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 36
    Date: 4/28/2010
    Time: 3:52:57 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: PEGGYIMADA
    Description:
    The assembly x86_Microsoft.MSXML2R_6bd6b9abf345378f_4.1.0.0_x-ww_29c3ad6a has missing or invalid files; recovery of this assembly failed.
    For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

13. lbh1864

lbh1864 Thread Starter

when I found the folder in program files named, microsoft visual studio, I found the Icon of the Microsoft Development Environment problem and put the cursor on the icon and copied the info

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: SideBySide
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 36
    Date: 4/28/2010
    Time: 3:52:57 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: PEGGYIMADA
    Description:
    The assembly x86_Microsoft.MSXML2R_6bd6b9abf345378f_4.1.0.0_x-ww_29c3ad6a has missing or invalid files; recovery of this assembly failed.
    For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Now when I choose to remove it and send it to the recycle bin it gives me the error: make sure the disc is not full or write protected and is currently not in use. The program is open because I cannot close out of it. Next step?

14. valis

valis Moderator

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919823

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice