Land for Sale on the Moon

Bush Lady

Just pick up on the national news, you can buy land on the moon. Do I hear any bidders :D (y)

I bought a few plots in the sea of tranquility, but I never have time to visit them.:(
I was thinking of selling them if I can't make it there this year. :D

I was going to, but the I couldn't find a contractor to build my condo....

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/question.php?number=259

Can I buy land on the Moon?

Hello! I would like to ask you a question out of curiousity. I'm not much of an astonomer, amateur would probably best describe me! I'm not sure if you will know the answer to this question, I wasn't sure who to ask. My mother absolutely loves the moon and I had heard through a friend that people could purchase realstate on the moon? Is that true? Or is it an internet scam? If this is possible, is there a legitimate site to go to? I went to a few different ones and each one claims that they are the only ones that have legal rights to sell this realstate. Please help me out if you can! Thank you so much for your time and knowledge.

This is a common hoax, much like buying a star (see our previously answered question on that). Some people believe that there is a loop-hole in the Space Treaty, which says that no country can lay claim to bodies in space, but does no ban individuals from doing so - legally though it is considered that no-one can lay claim to the Moon, therefore any certificate you buy which claims that you own part of the Moon is not legally binding and should only be considered a novelty item.
For those profoundly disappointed in not being able to buy plots on the Moon, I do have 14 acres available in Dimension Xr34781.a for immediate lease. Ripe for development!

Izme

Stephen
I was wondering when that would happen, posted fences on the moon allready huh?

When will the world go to war over real estate on the moon?

And who gives anyone the right to claim it as there own? It belongs to no one.

Greed has now moved off of this planet to the moon. What a total shame :mad: (n)

What are bitters? The t on the keyboard is nowhere near the d key!! Izme, I thought you already lived on the moon.

izme said:
I was wondering when that would happen, posted fences on the moon allready huh?

When will the world go to war over real estate on the moon?

And who gives anyone the right to claim it as there own? It belongs to no one.

Greed has now moved off of this planet to the moon. What a total shame :mad: (n)

:D Anyone stepping a foot on my sand will be immediately zapped by my Iludium Q36 Space Modulator. Don't say you weren't warned.:mad:

Izme

Stephen
Rockn said:
Izme, I thought you already lived on the moon.

And you are on URANUS :eek: :D that was too easy

skivvy said:
Anyone stepping a foot on my sand will be immediately zapped by my Iludium Q36 Space Modulator. Don't say you weren't warned.
Today 06:57 PM
oh no, you have been assimilated by the BUSHBORG too :eek: :D

Skivvywaver said:
:D Anyone stepping a foot on my sand will be immediately zapped by my Iludium Q36 Space Modulator. Don't say you weren't warned.:mad:
It's the Iludium Q36 Explosive Space Modulator. If you're going to plagiarize Marvin the Martian, have the common decency to get it right. Geez. :D

gws226 said:
I thought we were gonna talk about something else then ;)
ooOOOoooo right you are ....... ;) .......ok well then...... find me a star and we can discuss a name ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online