Language Bar Shows Chinese and English, But not Japanese

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

elitentity

Hi all,

I have searched all over the net for a solution and can't find one. First, a description of the problem:
The Language Bar is showing up fine. I can use Chinese and alternative English keyboard layouts without any problems. However, I can't use Japanese at all. It is not even shown as an option when I click the button to change languages. Furthermore, keyboard shortcuts don't work.

I got it to show the Japanese option when I "restored" the Language Bar, right clicked it, and turned it vertical, but after turning it back to horizontal, the option disappeared. Desperate to get it back, I turned it back to vertical. It's no longer there either way!

I heard that a Windows Vista Update removed some guy's Japanese language support completely. He fixed it with System Restore. But I'm using Windows XP Pro and there's so many updates I don't know when to restore to and I don't want to restore.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts