1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Language change

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ohboy23401, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ohboy23401

ohboy23401 Thread Starter

I have a seimens laptop which was purchased in England and i live in Nigeria. I got a virus on the system so i had to formatted the laptop when i was installing the OS it was in german but when i bought the laptop everything was in english bu reinstalling xp changed it to german i dont know how to change it to english. can you please help me?

thank you

2. Dr. Chauncey

Dr. Chauncey

isch duetch nien vunderfull?

The CD you install windows with has to be an english version. Unless it's just the keyboard layout and such, but if your start menu says something weird, you should probably call the folks at Microsoft to arrange a new installation CD delivery.

3. ohboy23401

ohboy23401 Thread Starter

the Cd is a german version. And is it possible for to change it in the control panel cause i tried changing it in the regional setting all i cld change was the changing the keyboard to English from german typing but every other thing is in german. How do i request for another CD.

Thank you

4. Dr. Chauncey

Dr. Chauncey

If your laptop was purchased in England, I'm surprised you ended up with a german copy of Windows. You should start a Windows collection from every country.

http://www.microsoft.com/uk/contactus/phone/default.mspx

I hope one of the options on their site will work for you. Just explain the situation and see if they can send you the copy that works with your laptop. The correct version of Windows will be on a sticker underneath your laptop with the install key. Make sure they understand you need it in english as the support personnel are usually a bit dense.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/651122

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice