language options - japanese IME does not show, cannot add Japanese keyboard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xhm100

I am using a Windows XP system and I've had a problem with my ime files, my default language is chinese on my laptop, and I used to be able to use Japanese as well. But it stopped becoming available. I tried to copy and paste an IME folder from my friends computer, then realised she used it in Russian, and now some of my programs like my software for downloads, show text in Russian or just jibberish. When I go to add Japanese language file it does not show the IME option only shows an option for American or Chinese keyboard, none of which will even work/appear in the language bar as an option.
Will I need the Windows XP CD to fix this problem? Or is there a file I can download to have the Japanese IME option, so I can change between Chinese and Japanese keyboard.

Thank you so much for your time. I'm not sure what other information I can post about the problem that will be useful.

You would need to change the Unicode to Japanese in the third tab in Regional and Language. Japanese doesn't figure in my list under the first tab either but if you change the Unicode and restart, you may find it on your XP CD and be able to add it in.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online