Solved Language showing in dialogs is wrong WinXP POS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Slardy

I have Win XP Point of Sale. I installed and removed a Chinese utility and now I have non-English showing in several places. My tray clock and my Region and Language Options control panel are in Dingbats. How can I get this thing reset to English?
Also, I ran low on disk space some time ago and turned off System Restore.
Here's my Regional Options:
upload_2016-12-30_10-34-15.png

Attachments

Slardy

Used Symantec Endpoint to scan for viruses, best I can tell nothing was found. Also did a Super Antispyware scan, also found nothing.

Slardy

Resolved! I reinstalled the offending program and was able to reset English (US) as my language. I haven't been so excited about reading since 1st grade!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online