Language - xjis.nls file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ghairston3

I am running Windows XP with SP1. I also have Outlook express mail. I received a mail message from someone in China. The system said I needed to install a language pack. While trying to install it the system said it needed the file xjis.nls from the Windows XP disc. I do not have the Windows XP disc. I am running the Home Edition and my HP system did not come with disks. It was pre-loaded. How can I get the xjis.nls file??? Thanks...

I accidentally stumble upon the solution. You need to go to the Control Panel and then to Date,Time,Language,Reginal Options. In that screen, click on add another language. It'll then ask for the xjis.nls file. Go the the default location - Windows\i386 directory and click on the xjis.nl_ folder. You may have to do it a couple of time and suddenly it'll install the language you've chosen. Good luck!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts