1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Language - xjis.nls file

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ghairston3, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghairston3

ghairston3 Thread Starter

I am running Windows XP with SP1. I also have Outlook express mail. I received a mail message from someone in China. The system said I needed to install a language pack. While trying to install it the system said it needed the file xjis.nls from the Windows XP disc. I do not have the Windows XP disc. I am running the Home Edition and my HP system did not come with disks. It was pre-loaded. How can I get the xjis.nls file??? Thanks...

2. wwwquester

wwwquester

I accidentally stumble upon the solution. You need to go to the Control Panel and then to Date,Time,Language,Reginal Options. In that screen, click on add another language. It'll then ask for the xjis.nls file. Go the the default location - Windows\i386 directory and click on the xjis.nl_ folder. You may have to do it a couple of time and suddenly it'll install the language you've chosen. Good luck!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220315

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice