1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laoding to black screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by aetherynn, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aetherynn

aetherynn Thread Starter

im building a new computer from the ground up and after i boot up all i get is a black screen, i can go into bios with no problem but no matter which CD i put in the drive nothing happens whether it is a windows or the HD utility disk that came with the new drive, ive checked all jumpers and cables and all are good. ive switched the boot priority to CD-rom being first and still nothing the bios does recognize both the HD and the cd-rom drive any ideas?

2. Athan

Athan

It could be a media issue ...meaning the CD could be bad ?
    Can you try booting using the same CD on some other machine !!

~a

3. aetherynn

aetherynn Thread Starter

yes both cd's work on other pc's so the only thing i can guess is maybe the CD-rom drive is bad? its brand new and the bios recognizes it so i dont think so.

4. NIGHT5ER

NIGHT5ER

the drive may not be bad but did you check to make sure you have enough power going though out the computer?

5. aetherynn

aetherynn Thread Starter

the voltage in the bios checks out is there another way to check? i have a 550w PSU

6. NIGHT5ER

NIGHT5ER

I'm not sure, I don't know to much about power supplies in all, but also make sure the processor isn't over heating, nothing above i think 96 F is runnable.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645171

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice