laoding to black screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aetherynn

im building a new computer from the ground up and after i boot up all i get is a black screen, i can go into bios with no problem but no matter which CD i put in the drive nothing happens whether it is a windows or the HD utility disk that came with the new drive, ive checked all jumpers and cables and all are good. ive switched the boot priority to CD-rom being first and still nothing the bios does recognize both the HD and the cd-rom drive any ideas?

It could be a media issue ...meaning the CD could be bad ?
Can you try booting using the same CD on some other machine !!

~a

aetherynn

yes both cd's work on other pc's so the only thing i can guess is maybe the CD-rom drive is bad? its brand new and the bios recognizes it so i dont think so.

the drive may not be bad but did you check to make sure you have enough power going though out the computer?

aetherynn

the voltage in the bios checks out is there another way to check? i have a 550w PSU

I'm not sure, I don't know to much about power supplies in all, but also make sure the processor isn't over heating, nothing above i think 96 F is runnable.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online