1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lap Top Key Board :|

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by modojo, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. modojo

modojo Thread Starter

okay for a while now i screwed my computer over and i burns it lol so i was useing my laptop ( i gave to my dad ) until i get a new comp. i hate typeing on the lap top key boards because i keep hiting the mouse my mistake and it jumps lines ( built in mouse ) and so i connected a USB kep board to it, now that when i un-plug the USB key board the original key board is F***ed like when i hit p its puts a - and its realy anoying and my dads going to be realy mad, can you help me fix it?

2. jephree

jephree

First verify that under START > Control Panel > Regional & Language Options

That you are set to English US. (If indeed you are in the US).

3. modojo

modojo Thread Starter

tryed it it doenst work like i was set to english ( usa ) im in canada so i changed it and still same problem :(

4. jephree

jephree

You could go for a System Restore to a point prior to the problem:

start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

If that fails try reinserting the USB board & see if that remains OK or if the errors carry over.

5. modojo

modojo Thread Starter

if i restore would anything get deleted?

6. jephree

jephree

Yes. Anything that was installed past the restore point. You will see a calender that when you highlight a date it will show you the restore point and why it was created. Either it was created at an install or a system check point. Just try the most recent point where the laptop was OK unless you have installed a program that you do not wish to disturb since then.

7. modojo

modojo Thread Starter

nothing happend some files and cookies changed but no key board

8. jephree

jephree

Can you try the USB keyboard again and see if the errors continue on that?

If the USB keyboard continues to function OK then what is the exact make and model of the laptop. Perhaps searching the support site we can find a solution.

9. modojo

modojo Thread Starter

okai im on the USB one now... what do u mean exactly... do u have msn by any chance it would be alot easyer
    lol im [email protected] add me PLEASE

10. jephree

jephree

Sorry I don't have a messenger program on this machine.

Does the USB keyboard work OK?

If yes then the problem is in the laptop. My next step would be to look at the support site for that laptop.

To find that we need to know the make and model e.g. Dell Inspiron 1000 etc.

11. modojo

modojo Thread Starter

F*** **** my dads gana spaz @ me saying i f***d his lap top over .... :mad: k thnx anyways

12. jephree

jephree

The manual and or support site should have information on resolving most issues.

Perhaps you just need to reload the keyboard driver.

It might be as simple as that.

Just visit the web site of the laptop manufacturer and click on support and or downloads and look for FAQ's and or Drivers etc.

13. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

modojo, we don't allow profanity here, even with *** inserted. Please clean up your act or find another place to post.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/441955

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice