1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lap top not booting up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sue244, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sue244

sue244 Thread Starter

Ok 2 night ago I grabed my lap top and turned it on and just got a blue screen that said:
    A Problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer
    Unmountable_boot_volume
    If this is the first time you've seen this stop erro screen, restarte your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps:
    Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new instatllation, ask your hardware or software manufacuter for any windows updates you might need.
    If problem continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable Bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restarte your computer, press F8 to select Advance startup Options, and then select safe mode.
    Technical information:
    Stop: 0x000000ED (0x81331628, 0xc0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I did everything it told me to do and the I also ran some test on it by using the F2 or F 12 key I can't remember which. Anyway I ran the fun diagnostic test and I 4 failed test. The
    error codes were:
    0F00:0244
    Mes: Block 6766033 Uncorrectable data error or media is write protected
    Mes Block 36383048 Uncorrectable data error or media is write protected
    Error Code 0F00:1A44
    Mes Block 6766033 Uncorrectable data error or media is write protected
    Block 36383048 Uncorrectable data error or media is write protected

2. 104456

Sounds like youve got a failed or failing harddrive so Id suggest using the manufacturers diagnostic tool to test for errors.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488119

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice