Lap top on off switch

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CD ROM

HP Laptop Pavillion Model dv6451. The on off switch does not turn the computer on. The unit has power supplied by the AC adapter. Is it feasible or even possible to replace the switch?

Oddba11

Jim
Yes. Pretty much anything can be replaced. It typically boils down to 1) your skills at doing the work yourself, or 2) cost (for someone else to do it).

Assuming the switch is even the problem.

CD ROM

Oddball, I agree with that. Now tell me how to disassemble the laptop. I have removed all the screws I can find but the unit will not "split". Is there something hidden that must be holding the unit together? I wanted to see how the switch is installed.

dustyjay

Jay
I have the same question for the OP. How have you determined that the Power Switch is definitely the problem? HP Laptops in the range of yours have been fraught with problems.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online