1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laptop acadpter output

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eric Falkland, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eric Falkland

eric Falkland Thread Starter

My son uses a packard bell easynote MZ35-u005 notebook for school and recently broke the charger/adapter We ordered a new one but the charger that arrived does not meet the original specs. The original charger is 60W with an output of 1.9V at 3.42 amps The new charger is 90W 19V at 4.74 amps. The parts company claims that this is fine. Can we trust them? As we are living in the Falklands it is time consuming and costly to send the charger back and replace it

2. alwrmc

alwrmc

First Name:
    B.L.
    Are you sure the original power adapter had an output of 1.9 volts? I do not know of any computer that requires such a low voltage. I'll assume that is a typo and that you meant 19 volts. Try it and see, I think it should be usable. The computer will basically only use the necessary power. The voltage however should be within a couple of volts of stated specifications.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757202

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice