1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop and Ethernet fast 10 100 cardbus Pc Card no connection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by blackmambra64, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blackmambra64

blackmambra64 Thread Starter

Iam trying to connect with my network card . Iam presently using XP PRO. It is a Ethernetfast 10 100 CardBus Pc card .My desk top computer works fine but , when i try and connect with the laptop and doesn't connect to the internet . I have a speedstream modem 5360 . Power and dsl, act and enet work fine with desktop but i try it with laptop on the power lite and dsl light are only other 2 nada.........Thanks

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Are the drivers installed for the network card? Check Device Manager for any errors and see if the network card even shows up.

3. blackmambra64

My network card is there . When i am trying to connect to the internet it doesn't work. Drivers are all installed properly......

4. bigbear

bigbear

Did you plug the cardbus after the pc was booted or before?

5. blackmambra64

i tried both i see the cardbus ..........

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/599414

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice