Laptop and Monitor running on different GPU

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gdawgb

So my setup is I have a laptop connected to my monitor running extended, but my laptop display is running on the Integrated Intel graphics, not the 1050ti I have. The monitor is running on the 1050ti but is there any way I can make the 1050ti run on both and, or just on the laptop? I have tried to do the Nvidia control panel but no resolve.

Do you mean you have a laptop with Intel Graphics and a desktop with GeForce 1050ti ?

If you can't plug the 1050ti into the laptop, then you won't be able to use it from the laptop.

gdawgb

no, I have an hp pavilion with a monitor hooked up to it. The laptop has the Intel Graphics with the 1050ti, but somehow the 1050ti only works on my monitor. My monitor is an acer XFA240.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online