1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop audio refuses to work, all devices work properly, sound isn't muted. Help?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Themap, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Themap

Themap Thread Starter

The title pretty much says it all. I'm honestly at the end of my rope. Device manager replies all is well, yet sound stopped working overnight.

It isn't muted,I'm not that oblivious.

I own Advanced System Care Pro ( and consequently, Driver Booster ) so I have already all of my drivers up to date, as well as any other problems I might have had.

Used a bunch of other scanners to figure out the problem to no avail. Plugging some headphones in also doesn't cut it, so it made me think that perhaps the hardware was actually fine and some software conflict was the cause of the problem. I have no freaking clue anymore, should I just get mad and yell at my computer for an hour or so to relieve stress now??

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    First we need to know the EXACT make and model number of the laptop in question. Secondly the only place you should be looking for drivers for you laptop is the laptop manufacturers support website. Driver scanners really are not helpful.

3. Themap

Themap Thread Starter

Fair enough ;)! My laptop is an HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC, and I've had for about 4 years, so the warranty has expired. Also, the battery for it was removed once and I can't quite remember where I've put it, so it has to be plugged in to the power at all times (yeah I know, so much for a laptop).

Might I add though, that I'm pretty sure Driver Booster checks the hardware manufacturers websites to download the latest drivers. I don't think it'd make much sense otherwise.

Also, when I check the volumes bar, I can see the output of the sound changing accordingly to whatever I'm listening ( or should be listening ) to, just no actual sound comes from the speakers at all

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1118481

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice