1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Backlight problem.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by poo1y4eva, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poo1y4eva

poo1y4eva Thread Starter

Hi guys, Tom from England here.

Just thought i would sign up and see if any of you computer literate people could help me fix, or give any guidance on the problem i have encounted.

The problem is this, i can see the picture very very dull on the laptop screen. It just went dull once while i was using my machine and i restarted it and it came on fine, it then went on to do the same at a later date and when restarted it does not come on. It appears to either have a broken backlight, or a sleep related error/problem.

Following this I decided to plug it into mydesktop monitor where it seemed to be okay, during the startup and windows load screen, then when the log in menu should appear it went blank, however making the familiar windos start up noise. I tested it on my tele as i know that the television worked before when using it as the laptop monitor however the same error occured. Which leads me to believe its a sleep button issue. To test this theory i plugged in my brothers laptop into the TV and pressed the sleep button that would be pressed when the screen is closed and it not only dimmed the laptop screen but also the TV.

I located the sleep button under the laptop screen bevel and found it to be slightly damaged, so i changed the power options in the control panel to disable sleeping when the lid is closed but to no prevail.

The make of my laptop is Fujitsu Siemens, its Amilo and the operating system is Vista.

If i have not explained anything correctly just say. I hope you guys can be of some assistance.

Many thanks, Tom.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/857649

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice